KIPP D´AMUNDSEN KENNELS PROUDLY PRESENT:
-= BALTO =-
Nay-La-Chee's CHILL OUT BALTO
Born: March 30, 2002
See Balto´s video
BALTO´S CURRENT WORKING STATUS:
Main string leader and team dog
BALTO´S SPONSORSHIP STATUS:
Balto has no sponsor for the 2012/13 season - learn how you can SUPPORT BALTO
We got Balto as an adult dog. He was a fresh finisher of the Femundlopet 400km race. We needed a proven open field leader, who could teach our many young and unexperienced leaders some skills.
The first two years were tough for all - Balto, our dogs and us. Being a previuos pack leader, Balto had hard times finding his spot in our kennel and was frustrated, grouchy and snappy after other dogs. It took him really long to start feeling at home with us. But the patience had paid off eventually. He turned into a sweet, friendly and dependable dog. Not when girls are in heat, though! Then dare to put him in the front of the team.
Balto is a very stubborn dog, but when I really depended on him under race conditions, he never failed me once so far.
He is a very tough, hardy and strong dog, with the will and strenght of a bull. He never gives up and has the most elegant, fluid movement. It is pleasure to watch him work in the team - his work ethic is incredible.
A huge cuddly bear, but sometimes stubborn as a donkey. He sure can drive you to the edge of your mental power, and at the same time be a dependable crack gee-haw leader on windswept glare ice. Full of contrasts and often keeping us on the tips of our toes. But one thing is sure - you never get bored when working with Balto.
He earned his spot in our kennel, team and hearts after all.
• Beaver Trap Trail 2008
• Polardistans 160 - 2008 (7th place out of 15)
• Lillholmsjö 2008 (2x47km)
• Femundlopet 400 - 2007 (53d place out of 63 teams)
• Hips: Performance tested • Eyes: Clear including gonioscopy, February 2006
• First prize, CK, 4th best male - SPHK Club Show Junsele 2008, Sweden (under judge Arvid Göransson, SWE)
• NPHK Show 2007: 1AK
• NSHK Specialty Show 2005: 1AK, 4VK
• NSHK Specialty Show 2004: 1AK, 5VK
BLOODLINE: Alka-Shan (based on Markovo and Sepp-Alta), combined with mostly Igloo Pak and Anadyr through RSKK, Unisak´s and Snowtrails kennels.
BALTO´S SIBLINGS: Noia • Itkillik • Misty (Bessie) • Nikki • Foggy • Attila • Andy
ABOUT BALTO´S DOG FAMILY (outstanding dogs):
CH.Nay-La-Chee´s COOL RUNNING KENOIA (dam) - foundation bitch of Nay-La-Chee kennels, top worker and main leader for Rikke Bergendhal
Sledge Dog Kennel EFFENDY (sire) - one of top 10 performers in Anelise Brown-Witchel´s Alka-Shan racing team
• 4 puppies - The "Northern Exposure " litter - with HORIZON HUNTER Kipp d' Amundsen (September 17, 2009)
• 8 puppies - Aslakkgarden kennel´s "Greek Hero" Litter - with Igais Tassar ZILVRA STIGFINNARE (September 19, 2008)